Take this course if A) you want the inside scoop on processing - plug-ins and outboard and/or B) You mainly work in the box and don’t need to know about the other side of recording - recording choirs and miking drum kits… yet, anyhow!!
- Digital Audio & Computers - Whether you’re starting from scratch or just want to clarify the issues.
- Monitoring - Because even if you’re working in the box you still need to hear your music accurately.
- MIDI - Don’t ignore MIDI. It’s powerful, creative and not as dull as you fear!
- EQ - Get a firm handle on what, when, why and how to apply EQ.
- Compressors - One of the most crucial areas of modern recording. Know what you’re talking about.
- Gates - Noise gates are incredibly useful creatures. Learn what they are and what they do.
- Reverbs - Learn all the different types, parameters and how to not depend on presets.
- Delays - Delays are fun. Especially when you know what you’re doing. You will.
- Making Beats - A great 101 on beat making with Monolog Records' Dr Jones.
- Mixing - Practical guidance on how it all knits together.
- Disasters - How to prevent and get out of trouble. Because there’s always trouble around.
The lessons in this Short Course are taken from our full, 26-lesson Fundamentals of Recording and Music Production course. If you want to go on and take the Full Course after taking a Short Course, you can put the cost of the Short Course towards it.
Please contact [email protected] for the necessary details.